Architect-Urbanist, Mathematician, dipl. Mathematics, Faculty of Physics & Mathematics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, dipl. Architecture, Faculty of Technology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, DEA of Urban Geography and Planning, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris, PHD Urban Geography and Town Planning, University Paris Ouest-Nanterre La Défense, Professor, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Faculty of Technology, School of Architecture, Department of Urban and Regional Planning and Development, Research Unit of Urban and Environmental Planning. Collaborator with Laboratoire de Géographie Urbaine” (L.G.U.), C.N.R.S., C.N.A.M., Paris Ouest-Nanterre La Défense University (since 1979), “Institut National d’ Etudes Demographiques” (INED), France, Institut d'Amenagement et d'Urbanisme (I.A.U.), B.R.M.G. and GEOTER (France). Member of the SEISURBAN network: «Risk management and urban – regional planning». Invited professor to postgraduate programmes of the Paris X University and University Paris Ouest-Nanterre La Défense since 1998. His name is included in the Swiss “Hübners WHO IS WHO”.
His scientific and research interests concern urban and demographic analysis at the level of urban and land use planning and programming, urban geography, mathematical models, application of mathematics and statistics to urban planning, land use planning and regional development, risk management. Writer of 14 books (8 chapters) and 55 scientific publications. Also many papers of him were presented at international conferences and meetings. We also note the participation in more than 23 research programmes and 40 town planning and architect projects and studies.
35 years of teaching experience in graduate, postgraduate and Erasmus programmes in Greece (A.U.Th.: School of Architecture, Department of Spatial Planning and Development, Faculty of Engineering, School of Mathematics) and abroad. Invited professor, 1998-2012 , teaching courses on Urban Geography and Urban Planning in the graduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as to PhD candidates of the Paris Ouest-Nanterre - La Défense University, L.G.U., C.N.A.M., I.A.U.. Member of 16 PhD supervising committees. Participation in 17 vocational and adult education seminars.
- Anastassiadis A., (2005) “The new European reality in the beginning of the 21th century. Middle Europe – Europe of the “25”. Populations, demography, societies, p. 516, University Studio Press.
- Anastassiadis A., (2006), “A population - demographic analysis of space. Theoretical approach, methodology, models”, p. 384, University Studio Press.
- Anastassiadis A., Tsoukala K. (2009), in “Family and Housing, Recent Trends in France and Southern Europe”, edited by Catherine Bonvalet, Valérie Laflamme, Denise Arbonville, The Bardwell Press, London.
- Anastassiadis Α., Burgel G. (2002), “Dynamiques Urbaines et dynamiques régionales 1961-1991”, (μαζί με Guy Burgel) dans La Grèce Face au Troisième Millénaire, p.p. 31-48, Pantion University, L.G.U., Athènes.
- Anastassiadis A., Papadopoulou P, (2002), “Employment in the industrial sector in northern Greece, Macedonia and Thrace (1981-1994)”, (with P. Papadopoulou), included in the book entitled: “Greece Facing the Third Millenium”, p.p. 271-292, Hellenic Ministry of Finance, C.N.R.S..
- Anastassiadis A. (2005), “Greece in the face of the new EU dynamics at the dawn of the new millennium: a demographic - developmental plan”, in Sustainable Development and Planning II, Vol. 2, p.p. 1535-1544, WIT Press, Southampton, Boston
- Anastassiadis, A., Tsoukala, K. (2006), “Evolution de la Population et de l’ Habitat en Grèce”, dans Lien Familial, Urbanisation et Habitat: Recherche Comparative entre la France et l’ Europe du Sud, Institut National d’Etudes Démographiques (I.N.E.D.), 290 pages, Atelier de Recherche du Gis « Socio-économie de l’Habitat », INED, PUF, Paris.
- Anastassiadis A., Argyroudis S. (2007), “Seismic Vulnerability Analysis in Urban Systems and Road Networks. Application to the City of Thessaloniki, Greece”. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, Vol. 2, Issue 3, WITpress, Southampton, Boston
- Anastassiadis A. (2010), “ Urbanization dynamics in E.U. countries with application of two mathematical models ”, Honor Volume to Prof. A.-Ph. Lagopoulos, University of Thessaloniki, School of Architecture.
- Anastassiadis A., Lagarias A. (2011), «Afflux migratoires en Grèce. Mutations récentes dans l’agglomération urbaine de Thessalonique», Habiter les Balkans, Etudes balkaniques, Cahiers Pierre Bélon.
- Anastassiadis A., Chatzicocoli S. (2011), Organisation spatiale du Système de Santé en Grèce: Evolution et perspectives, Villes en Parallèle, no 44, p. 195-218, Paris
- - Anastassiadis A., Vitopoulou A. (2012), “Modern Movement and urban tissue: possibilities of urban regeneration projects in the centre of Thessaloniki”, Proceedings DOCOMOMO Congress, Thessaloniki June 2010.
- - Anastassiadis A. Pitilakis K. et al. (2013), “Seismic risk management of an “intelligent” hospital facility network”, in Quality in Health, electronic review.
- (1997-1998), “Integrated Parking Project for the Center of Thessaloniki”. Research Programme co-funded by the Organization of Master Plan and Environment Protection of Thessaloniki and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, (G. Yannopoulos scientific supervisor, A. Anastassiadis Urban Planning scientific supervisor), in collaboration with S. Vougias and others), Thessaloniki, (code of the programme: 4414 – budget: 58694.06).
- (2000), “Preliminary study of Seismic Vulnerability of Public Utility Networks and Infrastructures of the City of Thessaloniki” recherche financed by the A.U.Th. and the Organization of Master Plan and Environment Protection of Thessaloniki, (K. Pitilakis scientific supervisor, A. Anastassiadis Urban Planning scientific supervisor, in collaboration with others), (code of the programme: 20018 – budget: 26325.27).
- (2000-2004), “RISK-UE: An Advanced Approach to Earthquake Risk Scenarios with Applications to Different European Towns”, W.P. 1 and W.P. 14, European Program in which collaborate Universities of France (B.R.M.G. -coordinator of the Program- and GEOTER), Greece (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and IZIIS), Italy (POLIMI and UNIGE), Roumania (UTCB), Spain (ICC and CIMNE), and Boulgaria (CLSMEE), (K. Pitilakis scientific supervisor, A. Anastassiadis Urban Planning scientific supervisor, in collaboration with others), (code of the programme: 20334 – budget: 187762.02).
- (2001-2003), “ European Program Europe du Sud”, Réseau Socio-Economie de l’ Habitat in which collaborate I.N.E.D. (scientific supervisor : Catherine Bonvalet), C.N.R.S. and Universities of Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Roumania.
- (2003-2007), “SRM-LIFE:, “Urban planning for the development of a global methodology for the vulnerability assessment and risk management of infrastructures, life-lines, and critical facilities. Application to the metropolitan area of Thessaloniki”, Organization of Master Plan and Environment Protection of Thessaloniki, (A. Anastassiadis scientific supervisor).
- (2011-2012), MNEMOS - Quality and Innovation in Vocational Training for Enterprise Cultural Heritage. EU LifeLong Learning Programmes.
- (2012-2013), PASSPORT to TRADE, LifeLong Learning Programmes (scientific supervisor).
Urban and demographic analysis at the level of urban and land use planning and programming, urban geography, mathematical models, application of mathematics and statistics to urban planning, land use planning and regional development, risk management